Thursday, February 18, 2010

Check that Baggage

Can I move forward in life?

“Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves – regret for the past and fear of the future.”
Fulton Oursler


There is no standing still. You are either moving forward in your life or your are falling behind. Time respects no person. It marches on despite our objections.

We cannot ignore our spiritual needs and truly live a full and rewarding life. We must recognize that there is a higher power and pursue our faith regularly.

I just wrote about all this baggage I have to take to the Wild West and I was really talking about all the stuff...you know material stuff...it is a material world... in my life...all the clutter...Many of us have excess baggage that we carry around, heavy burdens picked up in our youth and never really put down.

There are a lot of people who will tell you to get rid of your baggage. To concentrate on either pretending it isn't there, or dropping it for good. That is really good advice except for one small problem. It's impossible.

Maybe I should try not to lose ALL of my baggage, but to hold it close to me, and take it with me. That's right!! My reasoning is this: I have places to go. I can either stay at home and wish for no baggage, or I can pick it up and move on with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment